Ida Grove City Clerk’s Office Staff
Marc Dennison, City Administrator
Heather Sweeden, Deputy Administrator
Ida Grove City Hall is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Ida Grove City Crew Members
Gerrod Sholty, Street Superintendent
Lon Schluter, Water Superintendent
Mark Nielsen, Wastewater Superintendent
Bob Lorenzen, Park & Flood Control Superintendent
Kristopher Taylor, City Crew
In the case of an emergency situation, residents can call the Ida County Sheriff’s Department at 712-364-3146, and they will page the city employee who is on call and dispatch them to the location.
Your city clerk and city employees are often the only people that many citizens see involved in city business. It is the responsibility of city staff members to keep the city council advised on the needs and the conditions of the city. Duties of the city staff can include attending meetings, preparing agendas and minutes, preparing financial reports, providing information, keeping current on issues that affect the city, and making recommendations to the council.
The city staff also has a responsibility to the citizens of the city to do the following:
- Provide the best service possible
- Look constantly for ways to improve service and reduce costs
- Remember that creating goodwill toward local government is the responsibility of every government employee
- Keep up-to-date in the use of new equipment and new methods for carrying out work
- Respond to citizens’ questions promptly, courteously, clearly and accurately
- Warn people before service is to be interrupted or delayed
- Handle complaints in a systematic way
- Maintain equipment, grounds and buildings in good condition
- It is each employee’s responsibility to make a good impression on citizens. This, in turn, gives citizens a good impression of government
403 3rd St., Ida Grove, Iowa 51445
Get Updates via Email
There are no upcoming events at this time.