Conservation and Recycling
299 Jasper Avenue
Ida Grove, IA 51445
Phone: (712) 364-3300
Email: [email protected]
Recycling contact info goes here.
Conservation and Recycling
Ida County Conservation
The Ida County Conservation Board’s mission is to acquire, maintain, and make available to the residents of the county: parks, recreational areas, playgrounds, wildlife, and other conservation areas; to encourage conservation of natural resources; and to promote and preserve the health and welfare of the people.
The Ida CCB owns and manages both Moorehead Park and Crawford Creek Recreation Area. Both parks feature a lake, playgrounds, trails, wildlife viewing, fishing, and picnicking. Moorehead Park includes a new Conservation Center, historic Depot, open shelters which are all available for rentals. Moorehead also features the historic Douglas Schoolhouse and Stagecoach Inn, along with a sledding hill that is operated when there is sufficient snow. Crawford Creek Recreation Area includes a campground with both modern full hook-up sites, primitive campsites, two shower houses, and a storm shelter. CCRA offers three camper cabins, an enclosed shelter, and open shelters that are all available for rentals. The Ida CCB also manages the Washta Access, Fairview Cemetery, and the Douglas School Grounds which are both native tracts of prairie.
Ida CCB Sponsored Programs and Events
The Ida CCB also offers environmental education programming for both public programs and in-classroom lessons from an on staff Naturalist.
Ida County Conservation Boards major annual events include:
- Pumpkin Carving and Night Hike on the 3rdweekend of October
- Walk on the Wild Side on the first Saturday in June
Other events are updated frequently on the Ida CCB Facebook page, in our quarterly newsletter, and in the local papers.
It is mandatory to recycle in Ida Grove.
- Paper/Cardboard: Cardboard boxes, chipboard materials, paper, phone books, magazines, macaroni and cheese boxes, cereal boxes, mail are all to be dry and clean and put in a separate paper sack.
- Plastic: All plastics with a 1 or a 2 on the bottom need to be rinsed out and put in the recycle bin.
- Aluminum Tin: Soft drink cans, juice, cans, soup cans, beer cans, aluminum foil all need to be rinsed and put in the recycle bin.
Please place plastic bags and glass items in the garbage. Recycling is no longer picking them up.
Ideas / Suggestions:
403 3rd St., Ida Grove, Iowa 51445
Get Updates via Email
City / Water / Sewer: 712-364-2428
Trash / Recycling: 800-572-9867
Mid-American Energy: 888-427-5632
Frontier Communications: 800-570-6340
Long Lines Communications: 877-275-4861
N.E.T. Broadband: 877-383-7835