It was built in 1901 by the Old Settler’s Association in Williams Park (now the Ida Grove City Park), located between Washington Street and Moorehead Avenue. The house was used for their annual meetings. The log cabin was made of white pine logs that were peeled in a log-peeling contest. The park was turned over to the city in 1919. The house was moved to Moorehead Park in September 1994, with plans to replace the roof and built a new foundation. The house is currently available for tours and historical reenactments.
403 3rd St., Ida Grove, Iowa 51445
Get Updates via Email
City / Water / Sewer: 712-364-2428
Trash / Recycling: 800-572-9867
Mid-American Energy: 888-427-5632
Frontier Communications: 800-570-6340
Long Lines Communications: 877-275-4861
N.E.T. Broadband: 877-383-7835
There are no upcoming events at this time.