Horn Memorial Hospital’s history began in 1905 when Dr. J.E. Conn came to Ida County and opened a hospital in conjunction with his brother Dr. Carl Conn. The Conn Brothers Hospital was located in a house referred to as the “Spaulding Place”. It had 1 operating room and 11 patient rooms. Single rooms were priced between $12-$20 per week, depending on the attention the patient needed. Dr. J.E. Conn died in March, 1918 and his office and practice were bought by Dr. E.W. Bookhart in 1919. Today, the building is still standing and is now an apartment house located just south of the community hall.
https://i0.wp.com/idagroveia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/30763.jpg?fit=227%2C115&ssl=1 115 227 Michael Kelly https://idagroveia.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Ida-Grove-Enfold-Logo-with-tagline2.png Michael Kelly1905-01-01 15:49:522016-07-06 14:00:41Hospital Founded in 1905