SEALED BID AUCTION
On March 24, 2021, The City of Ida Grove, Iowa will be offering for sale the listed mobile homes in this brochure. Pictures will be posted on https://idagroveia.com, for your convenience.
Sealed bids may be submitted to the office of the City Clerk, PO Box 236 Ida Grove Iowa 51445, no later than 2:00 pm on Monday, April 19, 2021. Sealed bids will be opened at the Rec Center on Monday, April 19, 2021 at 6:00 pm. The Ida Grove City Council reserves the right to reject any or all bids. If there are two or more people bidding on the same mobile home for the same dollar amount and have the highest bid for a property, the City of Ida Grove will allow the parties to re-bid that same day until a final highest bidder has won.
All envelopes must be sealed and marked “Sealed bid for Structure # (Attention: City Clerk)”, you are bidding on and your contact information, including phone number. We accept, cash, cashier checks and money orders. Cashier checks and money orders should be made payable to The City of Ida Grove.
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR PROCESSING
Please include your full name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and the address of the property of interest. You must deliver your sealed bid to Ida Grove City Hall before the deadline.
There will be a start bid for each property in this brochure. Information regarding the auction will be posted on our web page, (https://idagroveia.com) and is available at City Hall.
The City of Ida Grove, Iowa reserves the right to waive informalities and reject any or all bids.
If your bid is awarded, payment will be due no later than the following business day by 3:00 pm. after the bid opening. If the property is not paid for by the deadline, the runner up will be offered the property and your bid will be disqualified.
Method of payment shall be cash, cashier check or money order made payable to City of Ida Grove, Iowa. (Do not combine payments for more than one mobile home).
The purchaser will be responsible for all fees necessary for the transfer of ownership.
After purchase, the purchaser will be given a receipt for your purchase. The City of Ida Grove will provide a title for each mobile home as described by Iowa Code. The mobile homes must be removed from the lot within forty-five (45) days of the Notice of Bid Award to the buyer and must be removed out of Ida Grove city limits.
These mobile homes are sold As-Is. For your safety, do not attempt to enter any of these properties. The City of Ida Grove, Iowa takes no responsibility for any outstanding liens and/or title actions against the property. YOU are responsible for confirming the title status of the mobile homes.
We encourage you to take the time to view these properties from the outside (ONLY) before you make an offer.
For additional information, you may contact by email at [email protected]
PUBLIC NOTICE-Sale by Sealed Bids
Sale by Sealed Bids
The City Council of the City of Ida Grove, Iowa will accept sealed bids for the purchase of the following personal property:
Mobile home structures only, located at 702 Elm Street, 706 Elm Street, 708 Elm Street, 710 Elm Street and 712 Elm Street, Ida Grove, Iowa 51445.
Conditions to the Sale:
- Only the mobile home(s), on this property, are being offered for sale through sealed bids; other structures on the property are not eligible to be included in the buyers’ bid.
- Sale of these mobile home(s) does not include the real property on which the house is situated. The buyer must move and/or disassemble the mobile home(s) for the purpose of relocating the structure from the lot.
- The mobile homes must be removed from the lot within forty-five (45) days of the Notice of Bid Award to the buyer.
- The mobile homes must be removed from Ida Grove city limits.
- The buyer is responsible for obtaining all necessary permits needed to move or disassemble the mobile home(s) for their relocation.
- The buyer is responsible for complete removal of purchased mobile home(s)
- The buyer or their agent must exercise due care in removal of purchased mobile home(s) and will assume responsibility for damages to property or streets.
- The buyer is not responsible for clearing the lot after removing the mobile home(s) other than debris and rubbish they created in the process of removal.
- A bid deposit is not required.
- Mobile home(s) are being sold in “as is” condition and without warranty.
We encourage you to take the time to view these properties from the outside (ONLY) before you make an offer. Sealed bids may be submitted to the office of the City Clerk, PO Box 236 Ida Grove Iowa 51445, no later than 2:00 pm on Monday, April 19, 2021 at 6:00 pm. The Ida Grove City Council reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Inquiries regarding the sale may be directed to the City Clerk at (712) 364-2428. Inquiries regarding permits or to view/inspect the mobile home(s) may be directed to the city clerk as well.
This notice is published in accordance with Iowa Code Section 362.3.
Heather Sweeden, City Clerk